Friday, June 18, 2010

Last Day of Music Class

This morning Katie had her last music class for the school year. We've been taking a Music Together class every Friday in Fallbrook this year since October, so it really was like saying goodbye to the teacher and school for the summer. We can't wait until next fall!

I've been so thankful for this class and for Miss Kara. I have really seen Katie blossom through music over the past many months. When she started the class, she mostly wanted to sit in my lap and watch and was hesitant to interact... Now she is singing, playing instruments, hugging (and even kissing a couple of times) Miss Kara, dancing around, and talking to others. We have been singing our class songs all year at home, too, and so this has been a really big part of our lives as mother and daughter and as learners together. I must admit that I felt a little choked up (as I always did as student or teacher) that the end of the year is here!

Katie's "last day of school" picture by the roses before we head off to Fallbrook this morning.

Instrument time!
Percussion and singing.

Katie and Miss Kara. We'll miss you, Kara! Can't wait to see you next year!


Tricks with sticks!
We have had so much fun together this year. I remember the first day of music class so vividly, and I cannot believe how fast the time has flown. This has been a special time with my little girl, and I am just so thankful for it.