Monday, February 8, 2010

Joys from the Past Week

Thankfully, Katie seems much improved today (so far as we can tell). We've had great success with our diet today, and she was able to move back to soy milk without a problem. A reprieve from lactose (all three of us do not tolerate too well, and my side of the family has an extensive history of lactose intolerance) seems to have helped her a bit, giving her intestines a respite.

After marketing with Amie, we came home, had lunch, and worked on our homemade valentines this year. I am very happy with what we created with what we had around the house. I will probably put up pictures later, after our family members receive them this week. Katie helped to color, glue, and draw, and the valentines really represent a dual effort. We each had creative freedom, and yet the final product looks like a unified whole aesthetically. We're sending them to aunts, uncles, cousins, even great-aunts and great-uncles. It's nice to put a little love out there, and we sure had fun crafting together to our love-song themed playlist on our iPod. Tomorrow we'll decorate a little more and finalize our menu for our Valentine's Day fondue party! I can't wait! Bill has a three day weekend, too, so I know we'll do something extra special as a family on one of those days. We're trying to figure out exactly what...

We played outside for awhile as our valentines dried. Katie asked to practice riding her tricycle, and she is improving. She was even able to pedal herself forward just a little bit.


Katie gets ready to practice riding her tricycle...

She was able to pedal herself forward a little on the sidewalk...

We also played our Goblin Game (we have a very elaborate fantasy tale going at this point, with River Base and Berry Base and an oracle and swords of truth and healing bark, etc.). We also ran around and were just silly. I love ending the day with some fresh air.

Other happy news: my brother David and my future sister-in-law Ashley asked me to be the officiant at their wedding on June 5th! How awesome is that? I am so excited that I will be performing their ceremony. What a totally meaningful memory with them. I will have to find something very maternity-chic to wear that day!

Their wedding planning is really shaping up well. Ashley is absolutely the most organized bride-to-be I've ever known, outside of Carol (one of my best friends Steve's wife). I was looking at her wedding binder, which is indexed and color coded. They are getting married in a beautiful venue in Temecula. We got to see Ashley in her dress, and she looks gorgeous. Of course, she would look beautiful in any dress because she is so svelte and lithe...but I can tell that she will make a stunning bride. I love, too, that I can see that they are putting their own personal touches on many of the elements: the wedding will really be suited and personalized to them.

My brother's wedding is only four months away! By the time it is here, I will have only a handful of weeks before Little Sib is here. This year is zooming by so fast.
Here are a few other pictures I've been meaning to post:
Amie gave Katie some rainboots, which she loved!!

Katie stomped around in the rain before visiting Uncle David and Ashley on Saturday...


Katie and Amie waited with me to hear Little Sib's heartbeat last Thursday....