Thursday, May 28, 2009

Strawberry Creek Inn, 2009

Bill and I have just returned from our Anniversarymoon. Although it was a short getaway, the past 24 hours were exactly what we needed to rejuvenate and reaffirm our love for each other and the bond we will have forever in marriage. I am so glad Bill suggested it, especially since we missed going last year. As usual, Bill had ordered flowers and chocolates for our cozy room. Our romantic night included our yearly tradition of watching our entire wedding DVD, crying through our ceremony again, laughing at certain moments of the reception, etc. We still absolutely love our wedding---we think it was so "us." Every year, it seems more and more that way. I can't believe three years have passed. I couldn't help being a little maudlin about all of the sad family losses we have had in those years, but Bill put up with me. ;-) There have also been indescribably joys, too: Kate and our new house and lots of simple beauties.


This morning we enjoyed a breakfast made with eggs from Rodney and Ian's (the innkeepers) new chickens! I love that they have added chickens... Everything about our inn felt familiar and homey. I can't wait to take Kate up there someday. Technically, she was there inside me on our 1st anniversarymoon, but I want her to see it. I still remember figuring out boy and girl name choices with Bill in the inn's garden...


In our special clearing by the creek, where we always walk after breakfast and reflect on our love and its timelessness while looking up at fir trees so much older than we are

A view of Strawberry Creek, by which wild strawberry plants grow


By the creek


On our Strawberry Creek trail


It was a perfect Anniversarymoon, and I am so grateful to my husband for planning it and putting it all together. I love you!