Saturday, April 18, 2009

Almost Summer

Kate and I went outside for a spell after finishing up the breakfast dishes (we made waffles and scrambled eggs). We took her hula hoop, ball, bubbles, and Meerkat---thinking we would have an early recess before the weather became overbearingly hot. She showed Meerkat all over the yard---she loves her Meerkat---but after about twenty minutes, we were both quite warm and could feel the heat-laze set in as we watched the bees and roly polies.

I took her back inside for a cool down, but then I had an idea: today was perfect for a sprinkler-fest! I changed Kate into her brown polka dot suit and put on some board shorts of my own. We have never played in the sprinklers together before, and it was so much fun:



We prepare the sprinklers and hoses...



Kate getting sprinkled...



Running through the sprinklers...




Kate laughs at the hose...


What a fun moment!

Once we were dry again, we colored for a little bit, had lunch, read some books, and now Kate is napping and I just finished exercising.

A lovely day...